Another issue of the Blue Rose Collection series is available now! A copy of the compilation will be added automatically to an order at our webshop with four and more items but a copy is also available to purchase for € 5,00.
1. RECKLESS KELLY – Every Step Of The Way (taken from the album Long Night Moon)
2. WILLIE NILE – LET’S ALL COME TOGETHER (taken from the album World War Willie)
3. SHURMAN – NEVER GONNA QUIT (taken from the album East Side Of Love)
4. HANK SHIZZOE – I BEEN TREATED WRONG (taken from the album Steady As We Go)
5. DAN NAVARRO – BULLETPROOF HEART (taken from the album Shed My Skin)
6. WILLIAM CLARK GREEN – IT’S ABOUT TIME (taken from the album Rose Queen)
7. LEEROY STAGGER – ONE PERFECT WAVE (taken from the album Dream It All Away)
8. THE GREAT CRUSADES – ONLY TOOK A MINUTE NOT TO SAY GOOD NIGHT (taken from the album Until The Night Turned To Day)
9. US RAILS – EAGLE & CROW (taken from the album Last Call At The Red River Saloon)
10. LOS LONELY BOYS – GIVE A LITTLE MORE (taken from the album Revelation)
11. JOSEPH PARSONS – MADNESS (taken from the album At Mercy’s Edge)
12. SOUTH AUSTIN MOONLIGHTERS – (LYIN‘ ON THE BOTTOM) MISSISSIPPI RIVER (taken from the album Ghost Of A Small Town)
13. MARKUS RILL – YOU & MY YOUTH (taken from the album New Crop)
14. HARDPAN – THIS PLACE AND TIME taken from the album Hardpan)
15. RICH HOPKINS & LUMINARIOS – FRIEND OF THE SHOOTER (taken from the album Buried Treasures)
The Middle Kingdom is a dramatic spoken word with music album comprised of a selection of poems from the ELLIOTT MURPHY collection of the same name. Read by Elliott himself, with accompanying music composed and performed by his long time musical partner OLIVIER DURAND and mixed and produced by Gaspard Murphy, the result is a surprisingly powerful album whose provocative lyrical images are lifted to yet another dimension when combined with sympathetic and moving musical themes. The idea for this unique project was born during the Corona virus confinement in France when it was impossible for these two long-time musical collaborators to perform or record together as Olivier Durand lives in Le Havre and Elliott Murphy in Paris. Elliott proposed that Olivier make a selection of poems from his second book of poetry The Middle Kingdom that he could relate to both musically and lyrically and after deciding upon 18 titles he composed and recorded accompanying musical themes in his home studio in Le Havre. After contributing his own musical ideas to the title cut, producer Gaspard Murphy mixed the final album with state of the art HD sound. The subject matter of the poems themselves go from rock ‘n roll (“On The Death of Prince” & “Last Night I Dreamed About Lou”) to the very autobiographical “The Middle Kingdom“.
Singer-songwriter MARKUS RILL and Bavarian multi-instrumentalist Robert Hasleder have known each other for 15 years. However, with both of them being much-in-demand live performers and prolific artists, chances to play music together were few and far between. During the 2020 pandemic, however, they had nothing but time. Rill sat down in Hasleder’s basement studio to record some new and some previously unrecorded originals and a couple of cover versions. Hasleder embellished these live tracks with delicate guitar parts, mandolin, Weissenborn, slide, banjo, bass, accordion, percussion and more.
New Crop is a varied acoustic album, at times harking back to Jim Croce and Maury Muehleisen’s musical interplay, at other times reminiscent of Steve Earle’s Train A-Comin‘ or John Hiatt’s Crossing Muddy Waters. “I’d always planned to make an all-acoustic album one day. The Price Of Sin and Late Night Drive were getting close. I think New Crop qualifies“, Rill says with a grin. The dark cover version of Bob Dylan’s “Man In The Long Black Coat“, one of the album’s undisputed highlights, is the only song featuring an electric lapsteel guitar. Everywhere else acoustic instruments create a warm, lush sound.
New Crop offers all of Rill’s strengths – wide-ranging Americana, rock’n’roll, country, folk and blues tunes with remarkably strong lyrics – in a fresh, inspired, acoustic soundscape handcrafted and tailor-made by string-wizard Robert Hasleder. If you are in the mood to hear two master musicians at work, New Crop is exactly what you need.
The US four piece US RAILS from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania had started in February 2020 for another extensive European tour through Spain, Italy, Germany, and the Netherlands. Shortly after their arrival in Spain all the booked shows had to be cancelled due to the Corona pandemic. The band tried to continue the tour in Italy but there was the same situation. In mid March it was obvious that the remaining 15 shows of the tour had to be cancelled so the show on March 15 at the „Red River Saloon“ in Heilbronn, Germany was the final show of the tour before the lockdown.
It was not only the last show of the tour, it was also the last concert at the local music venue. The owner had sold the property months before and wanted to re-open after the lockdown for another few weeks but due to the pandemic the US Rails show was The Last Call at the Red River Saloon.
The show was recorded and contained 22 songs from the band’s six studio albums, except one all songs written by the band members Ben Arnold, Tom Gillam, Scott Bricklin, and Matt Muir. The music covers the entire range of melodic rock for fans of The Eagles, Tom Petty, Jackson Browne or Randy Newman, just to mention a few.